Beginning with Version 6.6, customers could receive e-mail notifications of shipments from the Windows GUI version of Sales Order Entry. A notification is sent to the designated e-mail address when items are shipped. The Accounts Receivable customer must have a valid e-mail address set up in order to receive notifications or it must be entered at ther time of Order Entry.
To Set Up an AR Customer E-Mail Address:
1. <CLICK> the Systems menu and select the Accounts Receivable menu option. The Accounts Receivable menu options display.
2. <CLICK> the Set Up and Maintenance menu and select the Set Up Customers menu option.
The Maintain Customers window displays.
To Set Up Mandatory Configuration:
1. <CLICK> the Systems menu and select the Sales Order Entry menu option. The Sales Order menu displays.
2. <CLICK> the Set Up and Maintenance menu and select the Change Master Configuration menu option.
The Configuration window displays.
3. In the E-Mail Shipment Confirmation section of Sales Order Entry, select the Enabled check box to enable the option.
4. Enter the host name of the e-mail address in the Host Name text box. The customer must get this from the person that is responsible for their e-mail server (i.e. SMTP.earthlink.com).
5. Enter the name that will be displayed on all e-mails in the From text box (i.e. email@example.com).
6. <CLICK> the OK button.
23rd o September, 2008